Hostgator vs Godaddy
Both are excellent in their own type of services. But to choose between these two is a tough choice to make. Here is a detailed discussion to help the future customers who are still contemplating between these two.
About Hostgator- Hostgator is a trusted Web Hosting company that was established by Brent Oxley in the year 2002. The headquarters of the company is situated in Houston, Texas, USA and it is privately owned by Endurance International Group. It provides web hosting services like Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, etc.
About Godaddy- Godaddy is undoubtedly the most popular Web Hosting website for a long time to date. It was founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons; the current CEO of the company is Aman Bhutani. The headquarters is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Godaddy serves more than 20million customers. It gives active services like Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Website Hosting, and many more.
Hostgator vs Godaddy Feature Comparison:
|Starting Price||$2.43 per month||$5.49 per month|
|Free SSL Certificate||Yes||No|
|Money Back Guarantee||45 days||30 days|
|Free Website Transfer||Yes||No|
|Apps||Worpress, Joomla, Drupal, PhpBB, and almost more than 70+ open source projects||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and 150+ Other Apps|
|24/7 Customer Support||Yes||Yes|
|Free Site Migration||Yes||Yes|
Hostgator vs Godaddy Features-
- Unlimited product online store
- Free domain Free SSL certificate
- 10 email campaigns per month
- Intelligent site builder
- Priority support
- No transaction fees
- Appointment booking
- Multiple databases
- A free year of office 365 email
- SSL certificates are free for some plans
- Unlimited website for most plans
- Several apps to merge with
- Unmetered bandwidth for all plans
- Unlimited storage for most plans
- Free domain with all plans
|Web Hosting plans||$2.3-$4.48||$5.49-$19.99|
|Dedicated Hosting Plans||$89.98-$139.99||$129.99-$399.99|
|VPS Hosting Plans||$19.95-$39.95||$4.99-$69.99|
Hostgator vs Godaddy Pros and Cons-
Hostgator Pros and cons
Pros of Hostgator
- Good Uptime- For any user to operate a website, one needs to have a good uptime to sustain their business. Hostgator has a great uptime of 99.93% recently, which is a highly impressive service for a web hosting website.
- Page loading speed- One of their qualities is that their page loading speed is pretty good at 641ms, which is so far so good for a web hosting website.
- Affordable price- Their lowest shared Hosting Plan starts at just $2.3 per month for one year with a single domain or website, the shared business plan costs $4.48 per month at one of the lowest rates in the market. The WordPress plan is starting from $5.95-$9.95 per month for one year. The dedicated hosting plan starts from $89.98 per month to $139.99 per month. The VPS Plan is also affordable in many ways from $19.95 per month to $39.95 per month.
- Easy to use and User Friendly- They have one of the easiest interfaces and systems that can be learned and used easily by anyone, even for beginners. Easy 1 click WordPress installation is provided herewith simple dashboard and free control panel to manage the website or domain.
- Excellent Customer Support- This website has one of the most responsive and helpful customer support teams that assist with full dedication. They have 24/7 customer support available in chat, call, email assistance. The real customer reviews suggest that they are highly accessible and approachable with a very helping attitude and fast response.
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee- Their another positive quality is that they offer a 45 Days money-back guarantee to the customers if they do not like the service they are getting, they are completely free to go and the customers also get their refunds, which is ethical in every way. One can file their complaint in the call, chat box, email and reach out for help. If the problem is not fixed, they may withdraw their plan subscription and opt-out of it in a hassle-free way.
Cons of Hostgator
- Need to Pay for Domain Privacy- One of the drawbacks of this website is that the customers have to pay for their domain privacy and sometimes it adds to additional cost and it can bother the users who opt for budget web hosting websites.
- Business Plan Web Hosting Price is High- Though most of their plans are low on cost, for those who come here for Business plan Web Hosting, may feel underwhelmed by the price of the plan. It may seem pretty expensive to the customers.
- Renewal Plan is Expensive- After one year of affordable service; their renewal plan charges are fairly high in comparison to other web hosting websites. So, it may cause some inconvenience to the business owners with budget issues.
- Additional Charges for Restoring Backups- The backup restoring procedure does not come for free here, it costs additional charges to do so, which may be troublesome for a lot of customers. The data is the most important source and this is a disadvantage for most of the customers.
- Only One Data Server Location- The Company has only one data server located in The United States. This is a major inconvenience for the foreign customers.
Godaddy Pros and Cons-
Pros of Godaddy
- Good Uptime- Uptime is a primary tool for having a good web hosting website, and this website is doing great at it. Their recent uptime result shows 99.98% of uptime, which is great for its users, as the uptime suggests.
- Page Loading Speed- Page loading speed is an essential part for the customers with websites, the lesser time the page takes to load, the more traffic it can get. Their page loading speed is 518ms, which is pretty decent, but they need to improve this speed, to get more and more users on their web hosting website.
- Variety of Plan Duration- This website has a plan for all, for those who want to have a long run in the industry as well as for those who are trying out or starting out with temporary starter plans. This is not seen in many other website, which makes it a unique feature in it.
- Well Designed Website for Beginners- The website serves best to the beginner users who want to create or expand their business online. They have free one click WordPress installation with a very easy to use control panel.
- 30 Day Money Back Policy- They have the 30 days money back policy to the users who are not satisfied with their service. The client can directly contact with them via email, chat, call etc. and can solve their issues or simply can cancel their service with less or no hassle at all. They can get their refund back within 30 days.
Cons of Godaddy
- High Renewal Rate- The website has a high renewal rate after a year of service, which is a downside for the customers with budget issues. The customers do get the starting plan for one year in a pretty cheap rate, but they have to pay a lot for the renewal process.
- High Introductory Prices- As compared to other web hosting platforms, they charge a lot for the basic and introductory plans. Anyone who comes here for a budget-friendly web hosting service may think twice before going for their website. For a better business, they can lower their introductory prices.
- Lack of features in Basic Plan- Where most of the websites give a ton of features in almost every plan, their website lacks most of the basic features for a starter website or domain. In spite of charging more money for the basic plans, they give even lesser features that can be a massive downside for the consumers. They do not give key features like Security, Site migration, free SSL Certificate, backup etc. It will cost additional charges to add these services.
- Poor Chat Support- The chat support system is not at all up to the mark. It is too slow and sometimes irresponsive, which is a major setback for the user experience. The customer may come to chat for their problem solving, and may not get a proper response which is discouraging. They have to ramp up their chat service for better customer satisfaction.
Hostgator vs Godaddy: Conclusion-
- User Experience- Godaddy
- Pricing- Hostgator
- Performance- Godaddy
- Customer support- Hostgator
- Features- Hostgator
Though both of the web hosting websites are top quality in their respective terms, both of them have their own special features and also have their drawbacks. But Hostgator is the winner of this discussion, as it is more budget-friendly, with a very good amount of features and specifications, that can not only help in gaining a customer, but also in keeping them for the long run.