Ghost has been my favorite platform for publishing content for a while now.
Ghost CMS is a simple and modern platform to create blogs and membership websites.
It’s almost like a combination WordPress and Substack
Ghost is just as powerful as WordPress and as flexible as Substack, but it’s still easy to use.
Continue reading to find out why more creators are switching to Ghost every day from Substack and WordPress.
This section will outline the key features that you may want to have on a Ghost platform.
This extensive list includes some features Ghost CMS doesn’t offer. The complete list can be found here.
|Newsletters on A/B Testing||No|
|Automated email sequences||No|
|Subscribe to the Click Tracking newsletter||Yes|
|Comment on posts||Yes|
|Custom meta description||Yes|
|Custom sending domain (newsletter)||Yes|
|Social cards custom made||Yes|
|Customizable Canonical Labels||Yes|
|Editable robots.txt||It is possible, but it can be difficult.|
|Export content||Yes, 1-click|
|Website design in a flash||Yes|
|Form embed support||Yes|
|Iframe support (Tweets and YouTube)||Yes|
|Image alt text||Yes|
|Import content||Yes, 1-click..|
|Likes on posts||No|
|In a new tab, open external links||Yes|
|Don’t follow links||Yes. Yes.|
|Multilingual support||There is only one theme to translate..|
|Noindex URLs||It is possible, but it can be difficult.|
|Open rate analytics||Yes|
|Modification of URLs for Parent Pages and Child Pages||It is possible, but it can be difficult.|
|Integrations and plugins||Yes|
|Redirects||It is possible, but it can be difficult.|
|Referral program||Yes. Integration|
|Search functions are available on the website.||Yes|
|Categories and tags||Yes|
|Permissions for teams||Yes|
|Templates and themes||Yes|
|Subfolders are useful||It is possible, but it can be difficult.|
|Visual customization (beyond templates or default themes)||No|
|Selling capabilities via e-Commerce||No|
Ghost CMS Pros & Cons
We won’t get into all the details. These are the pros and cons of Ghost CMS to help you decide whether it is right for your needs.
Ghost CMS Pros
- SEO Optimized
- Minimal weight and minimal lightness
- Based on the most recent technologies
- It’s easy to customize and create themes.
- Ideal for blogging only
- Management of members
- There are many integration options to choose from
- Administrator Role Management
- Excellent documentation
Ghost CMS Cons
- No native comment functionality (Really? A problem).
- Self-hosting requires technical knowledge.
- Only a handful of themes are available.
- Hosting can be expensive
WordPress Vs Ghost CMS Content API?
Let’s now compare the platforms and explain their differences. This will allow you to make an informed decision about which solution is right for you.
- Ghost is written using Node.js, WordPress uses PHP.
- Ghost is focused on creating content (posts), while blogging has been reduced to a small part of the WordPress ecosystem.
- websites with WordPress offers more functionality and can be used for any type of website, while Ghost is simpler and doesn’t try to do too much.
- Ghost supports native SEO and social. WordPress plugins are required.
- Ghost is quicker than WordPress. The nightmare starts if you install too many plugins in WordPress.
- WordPress is more popular than Ghost. If you need help, WordPress has it.
- WordPress themes are more diverse than Ghost themes. The first themes are also more customizable.
- Ghost supports Markdown, WordPress doesn’t.
- WordPress is more popular compared to Ghost CMS API Key.
Ghost CMS: A short history
Ghost is an open-source platform for publishing minimalistic content. Ghost is for bloggers. Period. This platform was founded by John O’Nolan, so it’s not surprising that blogging is still at its core.
O’Nolan and Hannah Wolfe were frustrated by WordPress and teamed up to create Ghost in 2013. Ghost is often called a sleeker WP alternative.
Our goal was to create an easy-to-use, modern platform. It would be simple and lightweight, but still have the best features of WordPress. O’Nolan best describes Ghost as “Just a website.”
Ghost’s power lies in simplicity.
Ghost CMS is now complete. It is a revolutionary platform that could become the market leader.
Ghost CMS is still in the early stages of development.
It is the best choice if you want to create a blog where users can share any information. Ghost is lightweight and simple.
This is a popular choice for static site generators. It is fast and reduces build times.
Please send us your feedback on Ghost CMS.